Sunday, April 3, 2011

MULE DAY IN TENNESSEE

Well, we missed Mule Day AGAIN.   Every year the first week-end of April is MULE DAY in Columbia Tennessee.

They come from all over.  There will be Mule Trains along country roads and one time I was coming back from Winchester when all of a sudden we got stopped.   No one could tell what the problem was but soon a policeman motioned us to proceed on the opposite side of the road.  

About a half mile down the road we came upon this whole long line of Mules pulling wagons, buggies, some were being ridden.   They were not like the mules my dad had when I was a little girl.   These were big, strong, beautiful mules with golden manes and tails.   I wanted to park my car and get out and jump in the first covered wagon I could. 

We did go to the big parade they had one year.   We asked another couple to go with us but he said he worked enough mules as a boy plowing fields that he didn't need to look at another mules BEHIND.

I meant to invite all of you to come down and we'd all go over this year but alas, my good intentions went out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment