Saturday, April 2, 2011

SLICK PIG BAR-B-QUE

Yesterday the sun was shining.    I couldn't believe it after a week or more of clouds and rain.  AND...I had a date for lunch.   I was set to go to Murfreesboro and meet Meagan.

So...off I took and found a brand new area of Murfreesboro that was neat.   All new shops and went into the Hallmark store as I needed a card or two.   Before I left the clerk gave me a piece of good chocolate.  Not the stuff Walmart sells.  YUM

Meagan was go call after her early meeting and I found a place I could park the car and sit where no one would notice an old gray haired lady sitting alone in her car.   You never know these days, some guy might come by and want to talk or something.   

I was hoping Meagan's meeting was close to me but she said to get back on the Interstate and head toward Chattanooga and where to get off.   It took me awhile but soon I found one of the main roads she had directed me to and I drove and drove.   Finally I pulled over and called her and asked if we were meeting down in Winchester.   But, no, I was on the right road and to just keep driving.

I was to go to East Main, turn left and behind the Marathon was a "hole in the wall" but they had good food.

I found the Marathon station and she was right.   This place looked like a dump but at 11:30 you had to park next door there were so many there.

It was called "SLICK PIG BAR-B-QUE".      People kept coming in all the time we were there and it was no joke, the food was great.

SO...if any of you ever find yourself in Murfreesboro, Tennessee and are really hungry go to the SLICK PIG Bar-B-Que

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to say what fun it was to have lunch with my oldest granddaughter too.

    ReplyDelete