Sunday, April 10, 2011

A GOOD WEEK-END

Yesterday was almost 90 here and we had lots to do to get ready for our guests from Australia.  But...it was SO darned nice and we'd waited long enough for this weather so Ted said he was going to mow.  He has a self propelled mower he uses and it takes a long time to mow 1.3 acres with it.  I told him after I got some things done in here I'd help.  

We took turns (he took two turns around the yard, I'd take one).  It's good exercise and there was a little breeze.  YEs, it was good to be outside in the sunshine.

We were both pretty worn out when we finished.  I had washed the car too and planned a couple of meals in my head for this week. 

We were to meet a former minister and his wife in Franklin for dinner.   We told them we'd pick them up and what time we'd be there.

We got up there and couldn't find the darned motel.  I said if this next attempt doesn't work we'll call them and tell them where to meet us and we'll just go alone.   (Nice way to treat someone you haven't seen in YEARS)   But we did find the motel and none of us  could remember when the last time was we had seen each other.

When Drexel was my minister another gal and I did some really ornery things to him.   I told him I was surprised he even had anything to do with me.   The evening wasn't long enough to cover all the lost time but it was great seeing them.   They are both retired now and love traveling and having their grandchildren too.

I always feel like a new person after an evening like that.   I came home and called my friend in Alaska that used to be in on all the tricks we played on him.   She is bedridden now and I hated to tell her we had actually gotten to see them but by gosh she was a trooper.  

This morning I got up and things are as ready as they are going to be for these house guests that we have never met from Australia.  If they were expecting the Hilton then they are in for a real shock.   I don't think that's the case and I'm looking forward to a fun week.

Before I went to church I saw the first hummingbird of the season so BRING LIFE ON

1 comment: