Tuesday, April 12, 2011

TINGLEY'S BED & BREAKFAST

As you know, we have company from Australia this week.   We had never met this couple.   Elaine and I got to be friends on Facebook.

She was looking for an Ellen Tingley only I wasn't the right one. (story of my life).   Anyhow, she mentioned one time they were coming to the U.S. and had never seen Nashville.   Well, those of you that know me can write the next paragraph.

I said, "Well, if you want to see it, you can stay with us" and so here they are. 

I have to admit last week I was getting very nervous about this visit and wondering what on earth I was thinking of.   BUT...we were committed and would follow through.

It has been a whole new chapter in our lives, meeting this couple.   They are both Australian and sometimes I have trouble understanding what he says but part of that is because I don't hear so well.  AND...he's a tease.   We had a great time yesterday and they seemed to too.  

Not sure what we will do today since we visited the Carnton House in Franklin yesterday.  It was used as a hospital in the Civil War and there are several other homes we could visit but think it would be repetative.  Whatever we decide to do I'm sure it will be entertaining and fun.  I'm really glad we have a chapter on The Visiting Australians in our life's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment