Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WHAT A DAY

I think I'm a little "goofey" about now.   I remember when the kids were little and we'd have a snowstorm we'd listen to WJBC all day and by the end of the day we were all a little "goofey".  

It's been a day of storms here and one tornado came closer to us than we like.

I had a Dr's appt. this morning and when I got to Franklin and his office, I was his only patient.   I was in and out in 20 minutes.   Then headed to get some groceries at Walmart and they had a big T.V. on with the local channel telling there was a cell about 35 miles from us to the south, headed our way.

After calling Ted and confirming I should stay put awhile I decided to get a sandwich but when I got the the BIG MAC restaurant (HA  HA) they were full, full, full.   Too many windows for me anyway so I just headed home.   Had no problems but the storms were flying around us all afternoon.

About 3:30 one came a little too close for our comfort so we got our safe places all set, flashlights, pillows, blankets, checkbooks (gotta be sure we have those)   (More HA  HA ) and then the crazy thing headed East of here.

A little while ago one of our neighbors called to see if we were O.K.    Told her I went ahead to the Dr. and she told me her husband had cancelled his appointment up there and they had gone into their "toilet room".  For some reason this expression just hit me funny.   I had a hard time keeping from laughing.   I guess that's what you call it in Oklahoma.  

I'm exhausted from all the activity today.   Hope I can get some rest tomorrow.   :)

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you had some of that big weather. Glad there was also something to laugh about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I remember listening to WJBC all day..."Problems and Solutions"...remember that show?
    I'm still lauging about you guys getting in your safe place with your checkbooks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hey, we know what we'd need tomorrow. AND...today getting ready for the garage sale I found the famous BOWL. YEA

    ReplyDelete