Monday, April 25, 2011

Mystery of The Lost Tupperware Lid

I have had some trouble getting a blog written the past couple of weeks.  Could it be we had company?  But this morning we got up and it was just the two of us.   We miss Jordan but it is nice to have our routine back.

About 3 weeks ago we had a lady that really wanted to buy our house and we were sure we had it sold.  But...she was not able to raise the money so we are back to square one in that department. 

When she told us she was VERY interested and was going to see about getting the money we began to move quickly toward a move.   I went through things and packed one tub to move, fixed several boxes of items to put in the garage sale.  (That is going to happen this Friday and Saturday)

I cleaned out drawers, sorted clothes, went through the kitchen and got a lot of things out and priced some, ready to sell.   In one drawer I keep plastic dishes and had a tupperware bowl I really liked but could not find the lid.   I cleaned the whole drawer out and the lid just wasn't there.  

SO...I put the bowl in a box to sell.  It wasn't much good to me without the lid.   Today, however, Ted showed me a box or two of our camping supplies and asked what, if anything, I wanted to keep.   It is kind of sad, really, to think we won't ever camp again.   We loved camping and saw a lot of places we probably would never of gone to if we hadn't camped.   Alaska, Novia Scotia, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, several trips to Colorado.  As I went through I thought of those trips and how much fun we had.  One memorable place was the Snake River and Massacre State Park on our way home from Alaska that some lady at a rest area insisted we stay at.  That was a beautiful area and the birds were so welcoming.   I remember waking up early the next morning and was just overwhelmed with their singing.   I wanted to record it but had nothing with me except the camcorder.   So...just at dawn I slipped out of the camper, turned the camcorder on and was panning around when all of a sudden I saw a rock cliff across the river from us with the moon still shining brightly. 
You can't find those memories in a motel. 

But...back to my story.   In one of the boxes Ted gave me to go through was that silly lid.   Now I can't remember where the bowl is and tomorrw I will start the search for it.   I know, you're all wondering if I can ever get the two together.    YES, the lid is in the drawer where I keep the dishes, silly people.

NOTE:  I wouldn't of written this blog tonight but tomorrow is to start two more days of bad storms here and my computer may not get turned on.  

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this story...especially about the bowl and lid...I am laughing out loud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I've looked everywhere and can't find that darned bowl. One of these days I'll get it all together.

    ReplyDelete